Friday 6 January 2017

2016

Sorry for the delay, but this post took quite some time. The post for this week will be out soon.

So! The first year of my blog come online is over (or half-year). Here are all the stats that resume 2016 as a whole. Thank you to all the readers of this blog that got me to where I am. At his writing, we have over 2500 pageviews in only half a year, so I can say that I am glad.

Basically, in this post I will review the top 5 from last year and review the top 30 from this year. Then I will review 4 other year-end charts, then my bottom 5 songs of 2016.

Let's start with the top 5 songs from last year, which you were not here for.

5. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#2)
4. Bellwoods - Live It Up (#2)
3. The Weeknd - The Hills [1 week @ #1]
2. X Ambassadors - Renegades [1 week @ #1]
1. The Weeknd - In The Night [11 weeks @ #1]

Now the top 30 from this year! (Peak) *=still charting

30. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#2)

This was the first Twenty One Pilots song that I got sick of. I grew back into it, though.

29. Alex Da Kid/X Ambassadors/Elle King/Wiz Khalifa - Not Easy [3 weeks @ #1]*

Although this song came out rather late, I had to include it here. This is a great song, and in contrast to #30, it has meaning and is deep. I have always loved X Ambassadors and Elle King, and this is one of the best rap jobs this year from Wiz Khalifa, meaning it doesn't ruin the song.
 
28. Twenty One Pilots - Cancer (#2)*

Twenty One Pilots have four songs on the chart this year, this being the first. I absolutely love this duo, and although the rest of the world does to, nobody picked up this song, which is probably one of the best slow songs this year. Due to lack of airplay, on radio and in my car, this song dropped fast, but looking at it now, it makes me cry every time. It is an amazing cover.
27. The Weeknd - In The Night (#2)

This song is The Weeknd's best. Although many people hate this song in comparison to The Hills, I love the beat. I have learned to ignore The Weeknd's words. I loved this song even more when this man failed to impress me with Starboy, even though it peaked at #2, I think I was just so happy to have The Weeknd back. Party Monster is better.
 
26. Hailee Steinfield/DNCE - Rock Bottom (#2)

This is another of the few songs on here that never appeared online but rather came and went on paper. Hailee Steinfield cannot ever beat her performance on this song. Love Myself was a disaster, as was the music that followed up. If you look after Rock Bottom, you would find Starving, which came and went on my blog (how did it even get on it) in two weeks. It is currently #1 on Hits 1 and on the most requested daily on my radio, shocking me, because I thought that this song would be forgotten in a matter of weeks. As for Rock Bottom, Hailee's vocals are spot on, and DNCE's verse follows up on the epic Cake By The Ocean. I, overall, love this song.

25. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#3)

This is one of the few songs to get overplayed to extremes I have never seen before. However, I still love this song. Sia is my new favourite female artist after Halsey destroyed herself in Closer. This year, Sia brought us Unstoppable, Unforgettable, Cheap Thrills, The Greatest, Never Give Up, Satisfied, Angel To The Wings, plus many more off her album This Is Acting. All in 2016! Sia is very underrated, and in this song Sia uses her voice perfectly. This is a great song to dance to. Sean Paul is definitely better in Bailando, but he is better than the annoying computer voice that would replace him. I am glad that this song got as famous as it did, and it even hit #1 on my radio's countdown.
 
24. The Weeknd/Lana Del Rey - Party Monster (#3)*

This is the newest song on here. This might turn out to reach the height of The Hills for me once The Weeknd releases it as a single. I hope he will. I am glad that he collaborates with Lana Del Rey, because Prisoner, from Beauty Behind The Madness, was a great song. Although Lana Del Rey only has a few lines at the end, it is better that nothing.
 
23. OneRepublic/Peter Gabriel - A.I. [1 week @ #1]*

I quickly grew out of Kids, and now it is the worst of the album. I still love Better and Choke. Let's Hurt Tonight is fading on me due to its likeness to All I Want. A.I. was once my favourite song, but now it is not. Peter Gabriel still shines, but Ryan Tedder's part is getting old. But I had to rank this somewhere.
 
22. Mike Posner - Be As You Are [1 week @ #1]*

This song failed on every chart. How? It is perfect! It has an amazing meaning. The artist came off of I Took A Pill In Ibiza, a smash hit in 2016, and it is somewhat catchy. How is it that some radios didn't even pick it up? At least I found it on Hit-Bound, on Hits 1, where it left in no time. And radio picked up a handful of trashy other songs from hew artists that could have easily been replaced by Be As You Are. Anyway, the song itself arrived during the time of Capsize, A.I., and Sucker For Pain. If I'd have discovered a tad earlier it would have held at #1 for more that one lonely week. But for me, this song is so sweet and perfect. Yet it is only at #22.
 
21. Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel (#2)*

This song is the same as Be As You Are. This deserved some popularity. I never heardi t once on the radio, so I had to listen to it on youtube. I still love this song. This is Zayn's best song this year, with Pillowtalk a disaster that made me think he'd better have stayed with OneDirection. Funny thing, three members of OneDirection have gone off making their own songs while they all sound exactly the same, except this one. Snakehips are new to me, and their partnership with Zayn worked out spectacularly. At least for me.
 
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady [1 week @ #1]

A lot of people started off liking this song, then despising it with their life. I understand, if they follow Hits 1, this song is still in the Top 15, which is downright silly. But I have held on to this song since it came out. Although it jumped into the top ten then out in two weeks, it had a decent tenure on my chart, and I can proudly say that I never disliked this song. Whereas Renegades is better and more upbeat, (so is Not Easy when comparing to this song) Nick Harris's voice is used to the fullest.
 
19. The Strumbellas - Spirits [1 week @ #1]

This song got famous too late. I remember listening to this song on the way up to a ski trip in March break. But I still like this song. It did spend one week at the top on its second week on the chart. The music video is great. Whenever I hear this song, I think of happy memories of our ski trip, as I overplayed it then.
 
18. Halsey - Colours (#3)

As I said in Cheap Thrills, Halsey used to be my favourite female artist. The list goes on of her epic songs, except Closer. The dreaded. Anyways, Colours is a great song and held the highest tenure until Starboy came along and flopped. I can't really describe the song except for the fact that Halsey's lyrics can be a bit strange at times, but her beat is great.

17. Sonreal - Can I Get A Witness [1 week @ #1]

I really don't like this song now. But I had to stick it somewhere reasonable. It did beat The Sound Of Silence for the #1 spot one week.

16. For King And Country - Fix My Eyes (#2)

Another song that did not appear online. This song is spectacular! I love it so much, but since I charted it in 2015 I couldn't give it a high spot this year. For King And Country has a great reputation in my books so far.
 
15. Nick Jonas - Bacon [2 weeks @ #1]*

This is the catchiest song on here, to mark the halfway point. Whenever it is on I can't help but dancing. I discovered this song, then it left Hit-Bound, then it got fame and I felt very dumb for not charting it yet. Nick Jonas presented to me his best this year, alongside Chains.
 
14. Frenship/Emily Warren - Capsize [1 week @ #1]*

This song was played so much on Venus and my stations. How did it not reach Hits 1? The children in my school who are obsessed with Drake were even singing this song in the hallways. I must say I was too at some point. I never heard of either of these two fine artists before Capsize. This collaboration fitted them perfectly, and Emily Warren's falsetto was soothing rather than giving of the feeling that you will soon become deaf.
 
13. Lil Wayne/Imagine Dragons/... - Sucker For Pain [3 weeks @ #1]*

One of the few good rap jobs of 2016, Wiz Khalifa yet again, collabs with Lil Wayne, whose role could honestly be better in this song, and Imagine Dragons, who have Levitate out right now, and in this particular song are stellar in their vocals. Ty Dolla $ign does well to start the song off, and X Ambassadors feature in the chorus. Finally, we have the rapper of my favourite verse of 2016, Logic. I never heard of him before, but in this song the words, the beat, the speed, everything is perfect. I hope he can get new music out soon.
 
12. Coldplay/Beyonce' - Hymn For The Weekend [2 weeks @ #1]*

Why would stations play the remix of this song as opposed to the original version? Only The Pulse plays the original version. That is sad. I think Adrian gave you enough text on this song, so I will quote him: «It opens up with these beautiful sounds of nature followed by very well-done piano work. Chris Martin and Beyoncé harmonize very nicely all throughout this song. I absolutely love that chorus. Beyoncé's mini-solo after the second chorus is really good [...]. Finally, it ends so magically as Beyoncé sings the last couple of lines. This song is just beautiful, magical, incredible, and really any positive adjective you can find.» My favourite part is the pre-chorus.

11. Alan Walker - Faded [1 week @ #1]

This is the most underrated song of 2016, biggest whiff, if you may, everywhere. The beat, the vocals, spectacular. Nothing more to say.
 
10. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things [1 week @ #1]*

Entering the top 10, The Little Things was one of the few songs that overpowered Heathens for one week. I discovered this song on Venus, then the rest of the radio picked it up later, the story of most songs. This song is so fun to dance to and I say, the longer the song, the better. Being five whole minutes long without edits I can kill time by putting this song on repeat. Angela McCluskey sounds a lot like Amy Winehouse.
  
9. Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (#2)*

I regret not putting this song a spot over Can I Get A Witness on that week. This song remains in my top 20, and Disturbed have shocked me by finally creating a good Soundtrack (before Suicide Squad). The cover is so much better that the original and that rock feel lures you in, and I am very surprised more people dislike this song than not.
 
8. Cold War Kids - First [3 weeks @ #1]

However, I can understand if people don't like this song because this man's voice is annoying. I love it, however, for the meaning. This was the first song to truly overpower Stressed Out and In The Night to reach that #1 spot for three whole weeks. The lyrical content is perfect. I absolutely love this song.
  
7. Justin Bieber/Halsey - The Feeling (#2)

The last song on this countdown to not reach the top spot, but rather spend a handful of weeks at #2. Justin Bieber is only good when he collaborates. Halsey is great everywhere except Closer. Personally, I like Halsey's part better, and how this song never reached #1 is beyond me. I should have put it up there. But anyway, the mystic feeling of the song is strangely powerful, and I was sad when Justin Bieber didn't release it as a single.
 
6. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, And I [1 week @ #1]

I started off only enjoying Bebe Rexha's part, but then G-Eazy grew in on me. Bebe Rexha's voice is great in every song she does. Although my family finds her annoying, I don't andshe shows off her power in this song.
 
5. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down [2 weeks @ #1]*

One of the better works of The Chainsmokers, better than #SELFIE or Closer, and I have always loved Daya. The two together make a great tune to sing along to, and I am very glad that this song got its fame.
 
4. Twenty One Pilots - Doubt [3 weeks @ #1]*

A change for this duo, but the mysteriousness is captivating and I love the instrumentals. The lyrics are smart.

3. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out [7 weeks @ #1]

This song was underrated way too much. The Summer Set will never beat this song, so matter how good Boomerang was, and I was shocked that this song did not even reach my radio... The lyrics are one of the cleverest of the year. This guy's voice is amazing! How did this not get in the least popular?

2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens [9 weeks @ #1]*

I think that everybody knows how much I love this song, I reviewed it here. If you want to take a look.

1. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out [8 weeks @ #1]{11 total}*

This song came out April 2015. I discovered it in August 2015 and I thought I was late. Then this song exploded in 2016, almost a year after it was released. Honestly, this song is the best quality type of all time. Everybody started off liking this song at some point, or almost everybody. The meaning is great, although I cannot say I have experience. The drumming is great, and Tyler Joseph does as good as he did in the album Vessel. I didn't even realize that Vessel and Stressed Out were sung by the same group until June. So that is my #1 song of 2016, and #5 song of 2015.

We have had two expansions this year, doubling the countdown from when it originated. Therefore, these jumps and drops would be impossible with only 30 songs from the beginning. Whereas the jump is really gigantic, the drop will probably soon give up its crown.

Biggest JUMP! of 2016: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (+52)
Biggest DROP! of 2016: AJR - I'n Not Famous (-38)

Here are all the songs that hit #1 this year. The session with about seven weeks in a row without a song holding at #1 makes this list rather long, though the first three held the spot for a rather long time:

Twenty One Pilots - Heathens [9 weeks]
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out [8 weeks] {11 overall}
The Summer Set - Figure Me Out [7 weeks]
Twenty One Pilots - Doubt [3 weeks]
Cold War Kids - First [3 weeks]
Lil Wayne/Imagine Dragons/... - Sucker For Pain [3 weeks]
Alex Da Kid/X Ambassadors/Elle King - Not Easy [3 weeks]
Nick Jonas - Bacon [2 weeks]
The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down [2 weeks]
Coldplay/Beyonce' - Hymn For The Weekend [2 weeks]
X Ambassadors - Unsteady [1 week]
The Strumbellas - Spirits [1 week]
Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things [1 week]
Sonreal - Can I Get A Witness [1 week]
Mike Posner - Be As You Are [1 week]
Frenship/Emily Warren - Capsize [1 week]
OneRepublic/Peter Gabriel - A.I. [1 week]
Lindsey Stirling/Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness - Something Wild [1 week]

Virginia To Vegas - Lights Out [1 week]
Shaun Frank/Ashe - Let You Get Away [1 week] 

The highest debut and the highest re-entry both didn't jump any higher from there debuting or re-entering spots. 
Highest debut: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy [#2]
Highest re-entry: Tyler Shaw - Wicked [#8]

Our longest tenure this year was a really big song that, I think, should have become a smash hit in 2015 but was transferred to the next year. The shortest tenure songs are songs that I regret I put on here. I just assumed I liked them and stuck them on here. Then I realized that they were horrible and took them off right away. But I have to be honest.

Longest tenure: Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out [53 weeks]{66 total}
Shortest tenure: Travi$ Scott - Antidote; Gwen Stefani - Misery; The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming [1 week]

I realized that for the whole year I said that Hide Away had the most runs with 3. The when I was scrolling through my book from the beginnings I saw that Confident had indeed more runs.

Most chart runs: Demi Lovato - Confident [x4]

I loved this next song so much, but then suddenly it just grew out of me so fast I don't know why. But now I find it okay.

Biggest dropout: Goo Goo Dolls - So Alive (#11-off)

We also have few smaller less important records, like the most movement (In The Night, somewhere near 150 spots up and down combined) and the shortest tenure in the Top 10 hitting #1 (Unsteady, 1 week), and more, but they are really useless. Now it is time for my year end reviews. I never do this except at the end of the year. I will use Adrian's colour code [great good bad best worst], in the writing of the station.

Billboard Hot 100:

100. One Direction - Perfect
99. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again

98. Desiigner - Tiimmy Turner
97. Future - Wicked

96. Tim McGraw - Humble & Kind
95. Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime 

94. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving 
93. Fifth Harmony/Fetty Wap - All In My Head (Flex)
92. Kevin Gates - Really Really
91. O.T. Genasis/Young Dolph - Cut It

 90. Usher/Young Thug - No Limit
89. Chris Brown - Back To Sleep
 

88. Silento - Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)
87. Fat Joe & Remy Ma/French Montana/Infared - All The Way Up 

86. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
85. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On
84. Daya - Hide Away
83. Adele - When We Were Young
 

82. Drake/The Throne - Pop Style 
81. Ellie Goulding - On My Mind
80. DJ Snake/Bipolar Sunshine - Middle
 

79. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams 
78. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
77. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side

76. Ruth B. - Lost Boy
75. Travis Scott - Antidote
74. Tory Lanez - Say It 

73. Coldplay - Hymn For The Weekend
72. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

71. Beyonce' - Sorry

 70. Tory Lanez - Luv 
69. Yo Gotti/Nicki Minaj - Down In The DM
 68. Lil Wayne/Imagine Dragons/... - Sucker For Pain
67. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
66. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close
 

65. Post Malone - White Iverson 
64. Thomas Rhett - Die A Happy Man
63. Elle King - Ex's & Oh's
 

62. Meghan Trainor - Me Too 
61. The Weeknd - In The Night
60. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
 

59. DJ Khaled/Drake - For Free 
58. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy 
57. Kevin Gates - 2 Phones 
56. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
55. Jeremih - Oui
54. Fetty Wap/Remy Boyz - 679
53. Bryson Tiller - Exchange
52. Kiiara - Gold
 

51. Ariana Grande - Into You
50. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore

49. Florida Georgia Line - H.O.L.Y.
48. Kent Jones - Don't Mind
47. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
46. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You
45. Meghan Trainor - No
44. James Bay - Let It Go

43. Charlie Puth - One Call Away
42. Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You
41. Drake - Controlla

40. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
39. Alessia Cara - Here
38. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U

37. Drake & Future - Jumpman
36. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
 

35. Bryson Tiller - Don't 
34. D.R.A.M./Lil Yachty - Broccoli 
33. P!nk - Just Like Fire
32. The Weeknd - The Hills
31. Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean?
30. Future/The Weeknd - Low Life

29. Drake/Rihanna - Too Good28. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
27. The Chainsmokers/ROZES - Roses
26. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
25. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water

24. Drake - Hotline Bling 

23. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
22. Zayn - Pillowtalk
21. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
20. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
19. G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I
18. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

17. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
16. Fifth Harmony/Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home

15. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
14. Flo Rida - My House
 

13. Rihanna - Needed Me 
12. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
11. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
10. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
9. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
8. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
7. Adele - Hello
6. Desiigner - Panda
5. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
4. Rihanna/Drake - Work 

3. Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance
2. Justin Bieber - Sorry
1. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself


Top 10:
1. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
1. Tim McGraw - Humble And Kind
3. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, And I
3. Lil Wayne/Imagine Dragons/... - Sucker For Pain
5. Adele - Hello
6. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
7. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
8. The Weeknd - In The Night
9. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
10. The Weeknd - The Hills

Bottom 10:

1. Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance
1. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
3. Ruth B. - Lost Boy
4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
5. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
6. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
7. Rihanna/Drake - Work
8. Drake/Rihanna - Too Good
9. Beyonce' - Sorry
10. Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving

Sirius XM Hits 1:

45. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
44. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
43. The Chainsmokers/Roses - Roses

42. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
41. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
40. Ariana Grande - Into You
39. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
38. James Bay - Let It Go
37. Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods

36. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
35. Troye Sivan - Youth
34. Charlie Puth - One Call Away
33. Demi Lovato - Confident
32. Rachel Platten - Stand By You
31. The Weeknd - In The Night
30. One Direction - Drag Me Down
29. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

28. One Direction - History
27. Meghan Trainor - No

26. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
25. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
24. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
23. Justin Bieber - Sorry

22. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
21. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
20. P!nk - Just Like Fire

19. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
18. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For

17. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible
16. Zayn Malik - Pillowtalk
15. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
14. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

13. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
12. Adele - Hello
11. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
10. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
9. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious

8. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
7. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
6. One Direction - Perfect
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

4. Flo Rida - My House
3. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
2. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

1. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out


Top 5:
1. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
3. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
4. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
5. Adele - Hello

Bottom 5: 
1. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
2. Flo Rida - My House
3. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
4. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
5. Charli Puth - One Call Away
 
Virgin Radio Big 96:


1-   Sia -Cheap Thrills Ft. Sean Paul
2-   Calvin Harris-This Is What You Came For Ft. Rihanna
3-   Drake-One Dance Ft Wizkid & Kyla
4-   Justin Timberlake-Can't Stop The Feeling!
5-   Justin Bieber-Sorry
6-   Major Lazer-Cold Water Ft Justin Bieber & Mo
7-   Adele-Hello
8-   Kungs-This Girl Ft. Cookin’ On 3 Burners
9-   Justin Bieber-Love Yourself
10-   Mike Posner-I Took A Pill In Ibiza
11-   DNCE-Cake By The Ocean
12-   Chainsmokers-Closer Ft. Halsey
13-   Fifth Harmony-Work From Home
14-   Lukas Graham-7 Years
15-   Zayn-Pillowtalk
16-   Twenty One Pilots-Stressed Out
17-   Shawn Mendes-Treat You Better
18-   Dj Snake-Let Me Love You Ft. Justin Bieber
19-   The Chainsmokers-Roses Ft. Rozes
20-   Drake-Too Good Ft. Rihanna
21-   Flo Rida-My House
22-   Drake-Hotline Bling
23-   Chainsmokers-Don't Let Me Down Ft. Daya
24-   Alessia Cara-Wild Things
25-   The Weeknd-In The Night
26-   Meghan Trainor-Like I'm Gonna Lose You Ft. John Legend
27-   Pink-Just Like Fire
28-   Daya-Hide Away
29-   Hedley-Hello
30-   Adele-Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
31-   Alx Veliz-Dancing Kizomba
32-   Selena Gomez-Same Old Love
33-   Magic!-Lay You Down Easy Ft. Sean Paul
34-   The Weeknd-Starboy Ft. Daft Punk
35-   Selena Gomez-Hands To Myself
36-   Adele-When We Were Young
37-   Ariana Grande-Into You
38-   Twenty One Pilots-Heathens
39-   Taylor Swift-Wildest Dreams
40-   Zara Larsson-Never Forget You Ft. Mnek
41-   Flume-Never Be Like You
42-   Sia-The Greatest Ft. Kendrick Lamar
43-   Coldplay-Adventure Of A Lifetime
44-   Rudimental-Lay It All On Me Ft. Ed Sheeran
45-   Alessia Cara-Scars To Your Beautiful
46-   Shawn Mendes-I Know What You Did Last Summer
47-   Ellie Goulding-On My Mind
48-   Ariana Grande-Dangerous Woman
49-   One Direction-Perfect
50-   Meghan Trainor-No
51-   Prince Royce-Back It Up Ft. Pitbull & J-Lo
52-   Laidback Luke-Let It Go Ft. Trevor Guthrie
53-   Charlie Puth-We Don't Talk Anymore Ft. Selena Gomez
54-   Nick Jonas-Close Ft. Tove Lo
55-   Bruno Mars-24K Magic
56-   R.City-Locked Away Ft. Adam Levine
57-   Dan Talevski-Knock Me Off My Feet
58-   Meghan Trainor-Me Too
59-   Marianas Trench-One Love
60-   Fifth Harmony-All In My Head (Flex) Ft. Fetty Wap
61-   Jason Derulo-If It Ain't Love
62-   Walk Off The Earth-Hold On (The Break)
63-   Ariana Grande-Focus
64-   Shawn Hook-Relapse
65-   Selena Gomez-Good For You
66-   James Bay-Let It Go
67-   Britney Spears-Make Me... Ft. G-Eazy
68-   David Guetta-Bang My Head Ft. Sia
69-   Omi-Hula Hoop
70-   Hailee Steinfeld-Starving Ft. Zedd & Grey
71-   The Strumbellas-Spirits
72-   Justin Bieber-Company
73-   Maroon 5-Don't Wanna Know Ft. Kendrick Lamar
74-   Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean?
75-   Sam Hunt-Take Your Time
76-   Calvin Harris-How Deep Is Your Love Ft. Disciples
77-   Carly Rae Jepsen -Your Type
78-   Twenty One Pilots-Ride
79-   Ria Mae-Ooh Love
80-   Taylor Swift-Out Of The Woods
81-   Dj Snake-Middle Ft. Bipolar Sunshine
82-   Tyler Shaw-Wicked
83-   Calvin Harris-My Way
84-   The Weeknd- Can't Feel My Face
85-   Lady Gaga-Perfect Illusion
86-   Banners-Shine A Light
87-   Tegan & Sara-Boyfriend
88-   Hedley-Can't Slow Down
89-   Selena Gomez-Kill 'Em With Kindness
90-   Serena Ryder-Got Your Number
91-   Ariana Grande-Side To Side Ft. Nicki Minaj
92-   Daya-Sit Still, Look Pretty
93-   Lucky Rose-The Way You Want Me
94-   John Legend-Love Me Now
95-   Marianas Trench-Who Do You Love
96-   Taylor Swift-New Romantics

Top 5:
1. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
2. Banners - Shine A Light (I never heard this song before)
3. Britney Spears/G-Eazy - Make Me...
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
5. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close

Bottom 5:
1. Drake/Wizkid/Kyla - One Dance
1. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
3. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (HOW ON EARTH IS IT RANKED SO HIGH???)
4. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
5. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
5. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

Sirius XM The Pulse:

30. Train - Play That Song
29. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
28. Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime
27. Wrabel - 11 Blocks
26. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
25. Ruth B. - Lost Boy
24. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
23. Elle King - America's Sweetheart
22. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness - Cecilia & The Satellite (?... okay)
21. Coldplay/Beyonce' - Hymn For The Weekend
20. Adele - Hello
19. O.A.R. - I Go Through
18. Cold War Kids - First (This was even on here?)
17. Ingrid Michaelson - Hell No
16. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
15. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
14. The Lumineers - Ophelia
13. Goo Goo Dolls - So Alive
12. Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece
11. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
10. Blue October - Home
9. Rachel Platten - Stand By You
8. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
7. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
6. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go
5. Rob Thomas - Pieces
4. P!nk - Just Like Fire
3. Ben Rector - Brand New (Only #3!)
2. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!

Top 3:
1. Cold War Kids - First (I had to)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
3. O.A.R. - I Go Through

Bottom 3:
1. Ruth B. - Lost Boy
2. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
3. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes

Ranking of year-end countdowns:
1. Virgin Radio Big 96
2. Sirius XM The Pulse
3. Hits 1
4. Billboard Hot 100

Bottom 5 songs of 2016:
5. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
4. The 1975 - The Sound
3. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
2. Ruth B. - Lost Boy
1. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Want To Live Forever

Thank you again to all! Happy New Year and Merry Christmas! And to those who are Orthodox, Merry Christmas Eve (6th)!

6 comments:

  1. 1: Why do you hate IDWLF so much? Just asking.
    2: Why is first your favorite song when it's in blue?
    3: Thanks for reviewing the pulse year end countdown, you must listen to the channel a lot.
    4: 1 recommendation for you: Judah & The Lion-Take it all back 2.0
    5: I'm going to see Twenty one pilots in february, which would be my first concert i'm going to.
    6: I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard
    I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words
    I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
    I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang

    I was told when I get older all my fears would shrink
    But now I'm insecure and I care what people think

    My name's Blurryface and I care what you think
    My name's Blurryface and I care what you think

    Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
    Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

    We're stressed out

    Sometimes a certain smell will take me back to when I was young
    How come I'm never able to identify where it's coming from
    I'd make a candle out of it if I ever found it
    Try to sell it, never sell out of it, I'd probably only sell one

    It'd be to my brother, 'cause we have the same nose
    Same clothes homegrown a stone's throw from a creek we used to roam
    But it would remind us of when nothing really mattered
    Out of student loans and tree-house homes we all would take the latter

    My name's Blurryface and I care what you think
    My name's Blurryface and I care what you think

    Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
    Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

    We used to play pretend, give each other different names
    We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away
    Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face
    Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money"
    Yeah

    We used to play pretend, give each other different names
    We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away
    Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face
    Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money"
    Yeah

    Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
    Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

    Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
    We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money
    Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
    We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money
    We used to play pretend, give each other different names
    We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away
    Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face
    Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money"
    Yeah!

    #Myfavoriteselloutamthemof2k16

    7: Have you seen my blog yet? if you haven't, go to this link:

    http://salamander87.blogspot.com/




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Basically, for me, the song is weird in the verses, the lyrics could use work, and Taylor Swift did way better in New Romantics and Out Of The Woods I thought she would improve, but she flopped in here and went back to the other songs from 1969. I don't even want to talk about Zayn's falsetto. The other members of OneDirection did better.

      2. Sorry, that was a colour-code error. I was really rushing.

      3. Your welcome, and I do.

      4. Thank you.

      5. I wish I could come with you. I have been to 2 concerts: OneRepublic and Denis Matsuev.

      6. My favourite song also (you can tell).

      7. I see your blog frequently.

      Delete
    2. 5: If you live near Tucson and the seats aren't sold out maybe you could come.

      1: I understand, though i would count a song that came out 2 seconds before the clocks turned the worst song in 2016.

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU for putting #91 on the Hot 100 in green! That's one of my favorite songs of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually the first time I heard it and I really like it.

      Delete