Sunday 4 September 2016

Coldplay (2) - Week #36

For the last eight weeks, I have had the trouble of deciding the #1 song between Heathens and Hymn For The Weekend. Both these songs are 100% class. I wish I had discovered Hymn For The Weekend earlier so that this weekly competition wouldn't happen. But I didn't. And now Heathens and Hymn For The Weekend have 6 and 2 weeks @ #1 each  respectively. I guess I wanted to say that because it would seem that I liked Heathens better.

Songs leaving:
Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts (#49)
G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, And I (#50)

Last Week's #1 song: Twenty One Pilots - Heathens [6th week @ #1]

50. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#32)
49. Alessio/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know (#48)
48. MAGIC! - Red Dress (#47)
47. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#26)
46. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#45)
45. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#44)
44. Sia - Unstoppable (#43)
43. Ariana Grande - Into You (#22)
42. All Time Low - Missing You (#27)
41. Halsey - Colours (#42)
40. Adele - I Miss You (#30)
39. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#41)
38. Sonreal - Can I Get A Witness (#39)
37. Jordan Fisher - All About Us (#33) 
36. Timeflies - Once In A While (#40)
35. Alan Walker - Faded (#38)
34. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#34)
33. The Lumineers - Ophelia (#36)
32. Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon - Back 2 U (#35)
31. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#19)
30. Twenty One Pilots - Doubt (#20)
29. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#31)
28. Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) (#37)
27. Glenn Morrison/Evalyn - I'm The King (#29)
26. Katy Perry - Rise (#28)
25. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#21)
24. Panic! At The Disco - Bohemian Rhapsody (#25)
23. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild (#16)
22. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#13)
21. Lil Wayne/Imagine Dragons/... - Sucker For Pain (#24)
20. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#23)
19. Sophia Grace/Silento - Girl In The Mirror (#18)
18. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (DEBUT)
17. Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel (#46)
16. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You (DEBUT)
15. Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (#15)
14. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water (#17)
13. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (#11)
12. Britney Spears/G-Eazy - Make Me... (#12)
11. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#10)
10. OneRepublic - Kids (#14)
9. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#7)
8. Ariana Grande - Touch It (#8)
7. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#6)
6. RedOne/Enrique Iglesias/R. City/Shaggy/Serayah - Don't You Need Somebody (#5)
5. Hedley - Lose Control (#4)
4. Flume/Kai - Never be Like You (#3)
3. ControlMX/Beck Hanson - I Started A Joke (#9)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#1)
1. Coldplay/Beyonce' - Hymn For The Weekend (#2) [2nd week @ #1]

Biggest Jump Of The Week : Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel (+29)
Biggest Drop Of The Week : Ariana Grande - Into You;  Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better                                                 (-21)

Comments on debuts:
It's not too late to like Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap, is it? I mean, the youtube video came out two months ago, and I didn't like the song at first. But now I enjoy it. And I will start from here.

Still Falling For You is an amazing song from Ellie Goulding. I am not a huge fan of Ellie Goulding. She has had stellar music like Burn in the past, and her collaboration with Major Lazer in Powerful was to date her best song. But she has also produced music like On My Mind, Something In The Way You Move, and Love Me Like You Do, which I did not enjoy listening to. In other words, Still Falling For You is her going back to the old Ellie Goulding, which I am thrilled to hear.

Hit-Bound
Nick Jonas - Bacon
MKTO - Supersticious
Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be As You Are (DEBUT)
Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (DEBUT)
Kiiara - Gold (DEBUT)

P.S HAPPY LABO(u)R DAY WEEKEND

2 comments: