Friday 30 September 2016

Nick Jonas (2) - Week #40

We have a new highest debut of 2016! And the bottom three dropped a lot.

Songs leaving:
Sia - Unstoppable (#46)
Adele - I Miss You (#47)
Katy Perry - Rise (#48)

#1 song last week: Nick Jonas - Bacon [1st week]
#1 song this week 1 year ago: The Weeknd - In The Night [2nd week]

50. Ariana Grande - Into You (#28)
49. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#21)
48. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#25)
47. Kiiara - Gold (#50) [x3]
46. The Lumineers - Ophelia (#32)
45. Jordan Fisher - All About Us (#45)
44. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#34)
43. Panic! At The Disco - Bohemian Rhapsody (#40)
42. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#41)
41. Timeflies - Once In A While (#39)
40. OneRepublic - Future Looks Good (DEBUT)
39. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#43)
38. Alan Walker - Faded (#38)
37. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#18)
36. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#42)
35. Glenn Morrison/Evalyn - I'm The King (#37)
34. All Time Low - Missing You (#44)
33. Twenty One Pilots - Doubt (#33)
32. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#31)
31. MKTO - Superstitious (#36)
30. Jason Derulo - Kiss The Sky (#35)
29. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#30)
28. Steve Aoki & Boehm/Walk The Moon - Back 2 U (#29)
27. ControlMX/Becky Hanson - I Started A Joke (#26)
26. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#23)
25. RedOne/Enrique Iglesias/R. City/Shaggy/Serayah - Don't You Need Somebody (#12)
24. Ariana Grande - Touch It (#15)
23. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#22)[x2]
22. Mike Posner - Be As You Are (#49)
21. Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) (#10)
20. Lil Wayne/Imagine Dragons/... - Sucker For Pain (#14)
19. Sia - The Greatest (#24)
18. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - WIld (#20)
17. Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (#19)
16. Justin Bieber/DJ Snake - Let Me Love You (#4)
15. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (#16)
14. Britney Spears/G-Eazy - Make Me... (#13)
13. Karl Wolf - Amateur At Love (DEBUT)
12. OneRepublic - Kids (#11)
11. Justin Bieber/Major Lazer/MO - Cold Water (#9)
10. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#6)
9. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#5)
8. Coldplay/Beyonce' - Hymn For The Weekend (#7)
7. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You (#8)
6. Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel (#3)
5. Hedley - Lose Control (#17)
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#2)
3. Twenty One Pilots - Cancer (#27)
2. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (DEBUT)
1. Nick Jonas - Bacon (#1)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Mike Posner - Be As You Are; Twenty One Pilots - Cancer (+24)
Biggest Drop Of The Week: Lukas Graham - Mama Said (-28)

Comments on debuts:
I only heard Future Looks Good once, and I liked it. I am not sure it will stay that way, though.

Amateur At Love cam out long ago. I don't care. I love this song so much. The vocals are one of the best that I probably heard this year. This song is 10000000x better than Not Over Me Yet, and now I like Karl Wolf.

And now we come to the last debut. This is the new highest debut of 2016 and is well worthy of it. The Weeknd has always been amazing in my books. The first time I hear of him is in the first Ariana Grande song that I actually liked, Love Me Harder. Then I hear him in Earned It, which was my jam for at least three months. Can't Feel My Face was overplayed too much by the radio, but I grew into it. Then came the Hills. This proved to me that the Weeknd was only getting better. The Hills was my favourite song for the longest of times. Since radio was too into Can't Feel My Face, I listened to The Hills on iTunes and I never grew out of it. In The Night is just pure excellence, although quite a few people grew out of it after a month. Me, never. Therefore, I was disappointed that it took one year and one week for the Weeknd to come out with another song. I am just driving to Saturday school and I hear this song. I love it from the first listen. Daft Punk's beat is great, but not amazing. The Weeknd's voice is SPECTACULAR!!! I have never heard a song as catchy as this one. I think the only song I listened to so many times on repeat and didn't get sick of it was Stressed Out, but Twenty One Pilots are another story. I think the best part of the song is the pre-chorus, because the chorus doesn't have much vocals to it, being great, of course. Talk about a year of comebacks. Anyways, if I got you this far, congratulations. I think you now know that I might just like The Weeknd a little bit.


Hit-Bound (This is more like it!):
Kygo/Kodaline - Raging
Clean Bandit/Louisa Johnson - Tears
Niall Horan - This Town
The Chainsmokers/Phoebe Ryan - All We Know
The Weeknd - False Alarm
DNCE - Body Moves
OneRepublic/Peter Gabriel - A.I.
Frenship - Capsize
Virginia To Vegas - Lights Out
Flo Rida/Pitbull/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1k pageviews I saw your thing on the sidebar! Here are my top 5 songs of all-time:

    5. Crazy Frog - Axel F
    4. Eminem - The Way I Am
    3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
    2. Eminem - Sing For The Moment
    1. Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
    I'm obsessed with Eminem so that's why there are a lot of his songs on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will the real slim shady please stand up?

      Delete
  2. Am a the only one who doesn't like Starboy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like every song in your top 5 least favorites especially #4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Recommendation For Sasha: Krewella - Live For The Night

    ReplyDelete