Saturday 12 August 2017

Imagine Dragons (3) - Week #32

I did realize that we reached 5K pageviews already! Thank you to all the viewers! The special should be out some time next week.

As for this week, we had some decent moves, but what really attracted my attention was Hit-Bound, with four fabulous debuts, turning the count to 10 masterpieces on Hit-Bound.

Exits:
The Chainsmokers - Paris (#28)[1]
Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#44)
Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#45)

#1 song this week one year ago: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (8/10)
#1 song last week: Imagine Dragons - Believer (2)

45. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#42)
44. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#39)
43. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#36)
42. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#45)
41. Hailee Steinfield & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#40)[4]
40. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#39)
39. Julia Michaels - Issues (#26)
38. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#36)[8]
37. Train - Play That Song (#33)
36. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#30)
35. Kesha - Praying (DEBUT)
34. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#34)[1]
33. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#33)
32. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (DEBUT)
31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31)
30. The Chainsmokers - Honest (DEBUT)
29. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#24)
28. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#35)
27. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#21)
26. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#22)
25. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#27)
24. Bruno Mars vs. David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#25)
23. AJR - Weak (#37)
22. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#23)
21. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#29)
20. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#8)
19. Halsey - Now Or Never (#9)
18. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#18)
17. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#15)
16. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#13)[3]
15. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#19)
14. All Time Low - Good Times (#20)
13. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry - Feels (#12)
12. Linkin Park - One More Light (#16)
11. Hailee Steinfield - Most Girls (#14)
10. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#11)
9. Charlie Puth - Attention (#10)
8. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#7)[9]
7. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#6)[4]
6. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#5)
5. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#3)[3]
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#4)
3. Luis Fonsi/Justin Bieber/Daddy Yankee - Despacito (#17)
2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2)[3]
1. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#1)[3rd week at #1]
 
Biggest JUMP!!! of the week: AJR - Weak; Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (+14)
Biggest DROP!!! of the week: Julia Michaels - Issues (-13)
 
Comments on debuts:
I talked about Praying and Honest and honestly I don't feel like reviewing them again. But here you go:
 
I still feel like the verses in Praying drag, and the piano is not used well. The final note before the chorus tortures me. But the chorus is so fantastic that I can't dislike this song. The chorus alone would make one of my favourite songs of the year. But the verses ruin the song.

Honest is a boring song. The chorus is really repetitive and annoying. Andrew Toggart sings better in Paris and Closer than in here. But the song has no major flaw, so I can't put this in pink. Once my radio realizes that The Chainsmokers have a new single, however, this will be in pink for sure.
 
When I think of Sorry Not Sorry, I think immediately of the awful chorus. The background voices do not match Demi Lovato's. The verses and build up are great. But the chorus ruins it all. It does not suit Demi Lovato. It is much too loud and Demi cannot scream. Similar to Most Girls, I expected more from the chorus.
 
Hit-Bound
4. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
2. The All American Rejects - Sweat
8. P!NK - What About Us (DEBUT)
5. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
3. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (DEBUT)7. Imagine Dragons - Thunder6. Halsey - Bad At Love (DEBUT)10. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You13. Rita Ora - Your Song14. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low11. Andy Grammer - Give Love9. Bebe Rexha - The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)
1. Hey Violet - Hoodie (DEBUT)12. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts

-We say goodbye to Reminding Me. This song actually peaked at #3 on my personal chart, and this song really is unique. The lyrics, the collaboration, the production really aren't waht you normally see. The song itself is really catchy. So far, this earns my Lights Over Paris award for 2017.

I hope your soul is blurbin'
Our top 10 had very little action this week. However, Despacito entered the top 3 finally, after 13 weeks atop the Billboard hot 100. Hopefully this can hit #1 soon.
 
However, I would be delighted if Believer kept preventing Shawn Mendes from returning to #1. Imagine Dragons have done really well on this one. Hopefully this can stay at #1 for a bit longer.
 
Body Like A Back Road is still going strong...
 
Two songs previously in the top 10 made sizable drops. The Cure is old and should have left a long time ago.
 
Now Or Never should soon be replaced by Bad At Love, which is much better. Halsey was my favourite female artist for a long time. She has come up with fantastic songs (New Americana, Colours, The Feeling, and so on). Now Or Never is not one of these masterpieces.

I listened to Victorious this past week and I realized how much better it is than L.A. Devotee and Death Of A Bachelor. Similar to 5SOS, I feel that Hits 1 is the only station that recognizes Panic! At The Disco.

I did not expect One More Light to rise so quickly. It is a bad song. Even if Chester Bennington died I cannot find a spot of quality in this song as there is in Battle Symphony.

Every time Hits 1 announces Ear Poppin' Music they play Good Times. I thought it would enter the top 10 for sure.

Champion is now my favourite song of them all and should hit the top 10 before I go nuts. Hits 1 is supposed to worship Fall Out Boy!

I was shocked out of my head when I didn't hear Lights Down Low until #21. Could this song possibly hit the top 20 as I dream so much?

I was 90% sure that Weak would leave and that Back To You would enter the top 20. Instead, now we have Weak more popular than Back To You.

I'll take Uh Huh over Issues any day. Uh Huh is now yellow. It is so catchy!

I'm glad to see that I'm The One didn't continue its rise.

Hopefully Closer can pull a Stressed Out and leave after 51 weeks. Stressed Out was so much better than Closer and The Chainsmokers do not deserve a song that lasts a year.

The whole of our bottom 3 songs are fantastic.

Top 20 score: 

Top 5:
1. Champion
2. Lights Down Low
3. Back To You
4. Crying In The Club
5. Heavy

Bottom 5:
1. Wild Thoughts
2. I'm The One
3. Closer
4. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
5. Bad Liar

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Charli XCX - Boys
Most missed countdown song: Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World
Throwback pick of the week: Hinder - Lips Of An Angel

Thanks for viewing!

2 comments: