Sunday 3 July 2016

Sonreal (1) - Week #27

Let's forget the colour code forever. If I don't, everything'll be yellow.

So this week quite a bit happened, I must say. We had three debuts with zero weeks on hit-bound. We had three debuts in the top ten, six overall, a switch, and one re-entry. We also have a new biggest drop of 2016! I expected that, due to the expansion a few weeks ago. So, before we get to the countdown in the 27th week of 2016, here are the seven songs leaving us this week, two from a relatively high position:

Hailee Steinfield/DNCE - Rock Bottom (#17)
Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#21)
Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#37)
Robin Schulz/Francesco Yates - Sugar (#41)
ZAYN - Like I Would (#42)
Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#47)
Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#48)

Last Week's #1 song - The Summer Set - Figure Me Out [7th week]

50. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#39)
49. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#50)
48. Troye Sivan - Youth (RE-ENTRY)
47. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#32)
46. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#46)
45. Ariana Grande - Into You (#45)
44. James Bay - Let It Go (#49)
43. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#43)
42. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#18)
41. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (DEBUT)
40. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#36)
39. Iggy Azalea - Team (#34)
38. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, And I (#26)
37. Cold War Kids - First (#29)
36. Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday (#38)
35. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#15)
34. Adele - I Miss You (#35)
33. DNCE - Toothbrush (#44)
32. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#22)
31. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (DEBUT)
30. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#27)
29. MAGIC!/Sean Paul - Lay You Down Easy (#31)
28. Hedley - Lose Control (DEBUT)
27. Grace/G-Eazy - You Don't Own Me (#30)
26. Timeflies - Once In A While (#27)
25. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#24)
24. Desiigner - Panda (#33)
23. The Lumineers - Ophelia (#23)
22. Twenty One Pilots - Doubt (#25)
21. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#20)
20. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#3)
19. Ben Rector - Brand New (#14)
18. Adele - Send Me Love (To Your New Lover)(#19)
17. MAGIC! - Red Dress (#13)
16. Sia - Unstoppable (#16)
15. The Lonely Island/Adam Levine - I'm So Humble (#8)
14. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts (#11)
13. Sia/Seal Paul - Cheap Thrills (#6)(SWITCH)
12. Halsey - Colours (#10)
11. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#5)
10. Goo Goo Dolls - So Alive (DEBUT)
9. All Time Low - Missing You (#12)
8. Alan Walker - Faded (#2)
7. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#40)
6. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#1)
5. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#4)
4. Simple Plan - Singing In The Rain (DEBUT)
3. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (DEBUT)[Tied for highest debut of 2016]
2. Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (#7)
1. Sonreal - Can I Get A Witness (#9)
Link to Can I Get A Witness [clean edit]

Biggest jump of the week = Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (+33)
Biggest drop of the week = P!nk - Just Like Fire (-25)[New biggest drop of 2016]

Comments on debuts, re-entry, and switch:

The only cause of the switch was because I guess I just found Sean Paul's fun voice better than the annoying computer voice in the original version of Cheap Thrills... I had to pick one because the amazing part is in Sia's voice.

I listened a lot to Youth this week. Troye Sivan has a really good voice, and not even super high airplay can take that away from him. Therefore, it re-entered.

Our lowest debut is Kent Jones - Don't Mind. In this song, the verses are nothing special. However, like in Panda, the chorus is fun to listen to. I expect to grow out of this song fast, but right now, I like it.

Our next lowest debut is The Little Things. I find this song is great. It is the first time that I hear of both artists who collaborated in this song. That is a good thing for them, because this song is my favourite rock song of 2016. Everything, the vocals, the music, the beat, it's all perfect. I really hope this song can get recognized by the radio soon.

We also have a debut from Hedley. I find that Hedley never disappoints. I thought that Heaven In Our Headlights would always remain his best before this song. This song is one of Hedley's more radio-friendly songs and the first time that I hear of Hedley in 2016. This song is upbeat and extremely catchy. If radio (or me) doesn't kill it, it could hang on to be Hedley's best song. But we'll see.

Now begins my explanations of the three debuts in the top ten. So Alive spent nine weeks on hit-bound, simply because I never heard it but I remembered I loved it. I listened to it quite a few times on the radio, and it is a really happy, upbeat song that has the style of Cheap Thrills. This song is only played on one station that I know of, so I hopefully will never get sick of it. I will also be super happy if it airs on different channels, too.

The next song is from Simple Plan. The last time I heard from them was in I Don't Wanna Go To Bed, featuring Nelly. That song was decent. Now we hear of Singing In The Rain, which is awesome! This song is about how in life there are so many problems, but we should not let them drag us down. Therefore, the members of Simple Plan sing in the rain. (I tried it once. It helps.) ?!? ignore that. Anyway, this song has an awesome beat and it would definitely be #1 on this countdown for a long, long time, if not for the epic top 3 we have here...

Our last debut is now tied for the highest debut of 2016! Twenty One Pilots started off with the disaster called Tear In My Heart. I thought that Twenty One Pilots in general would never improve. Then, they gave us Stressed Out, who tied for the most weeks at #1 at 11 with In The Night. I still love that song. Then, they gave us, simultaneously for me, Ride and Doubt, who both peaked in the top 2. My opinion for this duo went sky high, and they are maybe my favourite artists of all time, alongside Evanescence. Then, while I was reviewing the top ten on iTunes, I saw that 21p had a new song! It ranked itself at #10 when I saw it, and I listened to the clip at least 10 times. I find that Stressed Out is 21p's best song right now, but after I get a few more listens to Heathens as a whole, who knows what'll happen? Now for comments on the actual song. This song is similar to Doubt, in terms that it is more mellow than Ride or even Stressed Out. This song is for Suicide Squad, which makes sense after just reading the title. The computer's voice is probably the best I have ever heard in a long, long time. I was waiting for a new song from this dynamic duo and I got one! Wow that was a long paragraph. Goes to show how amazing this song is.

Hit-Bound (4)
Jordan Fisher - All About Us (DEBUT)
Alesso/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know (DEBUT)
Flume/Tove Lo - Say It
Nick Jonas/Ty Dolla $ign - Bacon (DEBUT) 

If I got you this far, you guys are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment