Monday 27 June 2016

The Summer Set (7) - Week #26

I'm sorry that I got this post out one day later than usual, but I was in Quebec City, therefore I had no access to a computer. So here I am on Monday, and before we begin the countdown, we have three songs leaving the countdown:

Troye Sivan - Youth (#47)
Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#48)
Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#50)

Last week's #1 song: The Summer Set - Figure Me Out

50. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#40)
49. James Bay - Let It Go (#39)
48. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#42)[This Is Leaving Next Week!!!]
47. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#41)
46. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling (#29)
45. Ariana Grande - Into You (#46)
44. DNCE - Toothbrush (#26)
43. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#31)
42. ZAYN - Like I Would (#34)
41. Robin Schulz/Francesco Yates - Sugar (#33)
40. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (DEBUT)
39. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#20)
38. Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday (#36)
37. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#44)
36. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#45)
35. Adele - I Miss You (#16)
34. Iggy Azalea - Team (#35)
33. Desiigner - Panda (DEBUT)
32. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#37)
31. MAGIC!/Sean Paul - Lay You Down Easy (#32)
30. Grace/G-Eazy - You Don't Own Me (#27)
29. Cold War Kids - First (#28)
28. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#30)
27. Timeflies - Once In A While (#25)
26. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, And I (#8)
25. Twenty One Pilots - Doubt (#23)
24. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#49)
23. The Lumineers - Ophelia (#22)
22. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#19)
21. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#21)
20. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#18)
19. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#14)
18. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#11)
17. Hailee Steinfield/DNCE - Rock Bottom (#12)
16. Sia - Unstoppable (DEBUT)
15. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#15)
14. Ben Rector - Brand New (#4)
13. MAGIC! - Red Dress (#38)
12. All Time Low - Missing You (#9)
11. Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts (#3)
10. Halsey - Colours (#13)
9. Sonreal - Can I Get A Witness (#24)
8. The Lonely Island/Adam Levine - I'm So Humble (#7)
7. Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (#17)
6. Sia - Cheap Thrills (#5)
5. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#6)
4. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#43)
3. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#10)
2. Alan Walker - Faded (#2)
1. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#1) [7th week at #1]

Biggest Jump of the week - AJR - I'm Not Famous (+39)[New Biggest Jump Of 2016]
Biggest Drop of the week - Tie between Adele - I Miss You and Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (-19)

Panda will not last long on me. However, right now, I am loving the chorus. It is really catchy and the only thing that keeps me listening to this song, but the rest of the song is complete trash. Don't expect this song to last more than five weeks.

Lovesick is awesome. This song is definitely a big step up for Jacob Whitesides from his other so-so song called Secrets. I always turn the volume up for this song when it plays on the radio. Expect this song to be in the top 20 soon, if not next week.

Unstoppable is Sia's best song. Except for Chandelier and Cheap Thrills, all of her other songs faded on me. I feel like Sia normally puts all her song power into the chorus, except in this song, she excels in the bridge. I am glad she did that because it is hard to beat the chorus in songs like Figure Me Out or Treat You Better. In this bridge, the lyrics, music, voice, tempo, everything is perfect. I once cropped the song to play just the bridge on repeat. The chorus is also exceptional, but no artist can ever beat that bridge and will probably never.

Hit-Bound (only four song stood out to me):
Hedley - Lose Control (DEBUT)
Goo Goo Dolls - So Alive
Flume/Tove Lo - Say It
Kent Jones - Don't Mind (DEBUT)     

No comments:

Post a Comment