Sunday 19 June 2016

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to the intro to my blog! In this post, I will tell you everything about this blog: the past, the present, and the future.

PAST
I actually started this blog on paper, my top 30. I then decided to make a blog out of it. For me, music never gets boring, and the same CD of 15 or so good songs on it could last me five hours in a car. However, once songs fade on me I search for new songs on blogs like this: personal countdowns. Therefore, I started one so you can find new music you enjoy.

Before this post, there were 24 Sundays, therefore 24 countdowns. Here I have displayed the songs that have reached #1 in these 24 weeks, in order.

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out [8 weeks](11 weeks total, tied for all-time record)
X Ambassadors - Unsteady [1 week]
Cold War Kids - First [3 weeks]
The Strumbellas - Spirits [1 week]
Twenty One Pilots - Doubt [3 weeks]
The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down [2 weeks]
The Summer Set - Figure Me Out [5 weeks]
Alan Walker - Faded [1 week]

The highest debut was Halsey - Colors at #3.
The shortest tenure was tied by Travi$ Scott - Antidote and Gwen Stefani - Misery at 1 week.
The biggest jump so far was Alan Walker - Faded (+27, from #29 to #2)
The biggest drop so far was The Weeknd - In The Night (-23, from #4  to #27)

PRESENT
In this blog, I will post one post every Sunday. It will arrive that I do it on Friday, or Saturday, or late in the week, due to events I have during the summer.

I don't know if I will remain with 30 songs or if I might expand within the next few weeks.

The countdown will work as follows:

Opening words
Songs leaving
Countdown
Comments on debuts
Hit-bound songs (from 0 to 10)

FUTURE
I will continue posting the countdown until I don't know when. It could be next month because of computer problems (I've had some of those) but it will most likely be until school takes over. Next year, I will be in 8th grade and this year, homework did not dominate my life, so I have no worries

I will do random extra posts for number of pageviews and other things.

So that is it for the intro and if you have any questions you can ask them in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment