Friday 7 October 2016

Album Review: ONEREPUBLIC - OH MY MY

If I get this out too early, I posted this week's countdown earlier this weekend.

Track 1: Let's Hurt Tonight (10/10)
Ryan Tedder's voice is used to the fullest. It reminds of the song "All I Know", in a good way, because I loved that song. Unlike some artists I know nowadays (The Weeknd) Ryan Tedder's screams sound good.

Track 2: Future Looks Good (9.5/10)
This is a great calm song to balance Let's Hurt Tonight. The instruments are used perfectly, not too much, and not too little so we end up with a 100% vocal song. Once again, Ryan Tedder's voice is used perfectly. I am glad this song was released earlier than the album.

Track 3: Oh My My {Feat. Cassius} (7.5/10)
The beat in this song is horrible, but then there aren't many occasions where the album single is good. I am not sure what Cassius does, but whatever it is, it isn't good.

Track 4: Kids (9.5/10)
This song was out for a while. I love it. Even though I have higher opinions on A.I., or Wherever I Go when it started, this song is still amazing. The high pitch is perfect. I also like the diction. I am starting to grow out of this song a bit.

Track 5: Dream (6.5/10)
This chorus is strange. The verses are good, but the monotone, words, and rasp (I guess?) are not used well. But OneRepublic have to change things up a bit sometimes. I don't like these lyrics.

Track 6: Choke (10/10)
The chorus of this song is amazing! I love this song so much that I cannot get the chorus out of my head. The idea of choking on memories is good, also. Songs with choirs are my favourites.

Track 7: A.I. {Feat. Peter Gabriel}(10/10)
If I could I would give this song more than just ten out of ten. I reviewed this song in the Week #41 post, where I said that I love this song because of Peter Gabriel. I am not going to go ahead and say everything again, but this song is great from every perspective.

Track 8: Better (10/10)
This song is so catchy. The voice changes are amazing! (I can't believe this album! This is OneRepublic's best ever. That's three 10/10s in a row) The concept of this song is amazing, too. I felt this same way for Heathens.

Track 9: Born (8.5/10)
This song is less good than the previous trio. However, it is still amazing. OneRepublic use the high vocals so much on Oh My My, but they are not getting old.

Track 10: Fingertips (10/10)
The guitar use in this song is stellar, perfect, spectacular... And Ryan Tedder's high pitched vocals are too high. But they work in this case.

Track 11: Human (8.5/10)
This si more of a dance song. I still like it, except Ryan Tedder's voice is not used as well as in Better. The instrument part of this song is about a 9/10, and the tick in the background is to my liking.

Track 12: Lift Me Up (9/10)
I like this song, but the falsetto is used too much in this album. I am getting sick of it while listening. But the diction is good in this song, probably the best of this album, because of getting up when you're down and so on.

Track 13: NbHD {Feat. Santigold} (3.5/10)
Ryan Tedder's voice sounds horrible with Santigold's beat. I just turned this song off after a minute. (When I listened to it again, the bridge was good)

Track 14: Wherever I Go (9.99999/10)
I love this song and I reviewed it on some other week. The only problem is that it's old. Therefore, I had to deduct 0.0001/10. But otherwise, this song was the perfect comeback from OneRepublic.

Track 15: All These Things (9/10)
Ignoring all the falsetto used in the previous 14 songs, this song is good and the message is fun, and the beat is also. Anyways, other than the falsetto parts, Ryan Tedder's voice is great.

Track 16: Heaven (10/10)
NO FALSETTO?!? WHAT!?! YAY!!!! I love this song up until "This Is Heaven". They should have stuck this song more into the middle of the album, because is is way off from a 100% high pitch song. I love OneRepublic.

Top 5:
1. A.I. {Feat. Peter Gabriel}
2. Heaven
3. Let's Hurt Tonight
4. Better
5. Choke

And that is the Oh My My album review! I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment: