Sunday 16 April 2017

Ed Sheeran (1) - Week #15

I have looked at every Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown on one blog or another since Shut Up And Dance hit #1 for the fourth time. Sometimes, I am extremely frustrated at voters for events that really make no sense at all. Sometimes, I am happy about jumps and drops, or songs at #1. But no week in all this time has made me happier than this week. So many amazing things happened. On my way to church I listened to the countdown for a bit and I heard Cake By The Ocean (the #1 song this week one year ago) and then Spyder Harrison told us the last 4 songs, then the #1. I was so freaking happy and an amazing break for Easter!

I got this post out early because I found a free hour between parties.

Exits:


  • Ariana Grande/Future – Everyday (#30)[!!!]
  • Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#32)
  • Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend (#42)
  • Bebe Rexha – I Got You (#43)
45. Rihanna – Love On The Brain (#45)
44. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#44)
43. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#41)

42. Niall Horan – This Town (#38)
41. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#39)
40. Halsey – Now Or Never (DEBUT)
39. James Hersey – Miss You (#27)
38. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#31)
37. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#40)
36. Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave (#37)
35. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (DEBUT)

34. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide (DEBUT)
33. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#36)
32. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#21)
31. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (DEBUT)
30. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#28)
29. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#35)
28. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#29)
27. Panic! At This Disco – L.A. Devotee (#33)
26. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#25)
25. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#19)
24. AJR – Weak (#23)
23. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#20)
22. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night (#34)
21. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#22)
20. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#12)

19. Train – Play That Song (#15)
18. Julia Michaels – Issues (#17)
17. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#3)
16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#24)

15. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#11)
14. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#6)
13. Maroon 5 – Cold (#9)
12. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye (#10)

11. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (#18)
10. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#16)
  9. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#1)
  8. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#2)

  7. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#7)
  6. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#14)
  5. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#26)
  4. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#8)
  3. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#5)
  2. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#4)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#13) [1st Week At #1]


Biggest JUMP!!!: Heavy (+21)[YES!!!]
Biggest DROP!!!: HandClap (-14)[YES!!!]

Comments on debuts:
Well, no week can be perfect. I thought that Slide would be gone for good, but I heard it five times this week, so I feared its debut. Anyway, I have no idea what is so good about this song. And why Hits1 would take this song instead of the [well, few] other great rap songs out there. The electronic kid's voice (or whatever) is completely unnecessary and makes the song worse. Frannk Ocean's drone of a voice is the end. And forget Migos.

Now that that is done with, let's visit our third-bet debut this week, Something Just Like This. I reviewed this quite a few times. Basically, Coldplay sound amazing, and The Chainsmokers ruin the song.

The second-best debut this week is Halsey. I love Halsey. She was my favourite female artist for quite a while before The Chainsmokers destroyed my opinion on her. But in Now Or Never, she is creeping to the top of my list again. The tune is catchy. And most importantly, her voice is amazing. Although the music video is extremely dumb, the song is great.

The best debut of the week is Sign Of The Times. I started off not liking this song but now I love it. This has a Pink Floyd feel to it. Harry Styles's voice is amazing in this song and the meaning is great.

Hit-Bound:
Mansionz/G-Eazy – Wicked
DNCE/Nicki Minaj – Kissing Strangers (DEBUT)
Kungs/Ephemerals – I Feel So Bad
Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life
Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake
Ocean Park Standoff – Good News
Jon Bellion – Overwhelming
Coin – Talk Too Much

Hey Violet – Break My Heart (DEBUT)
G-Eazy/Kehlani – Good Life (DEBUT)
One Ok Rock – American Girls

Zayn/PartyNextDoor – Still Got Time (DEBUT)
Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later
Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla

Wait... Did Green Light leave?[...]THANK YOU SO MUCH HITS 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit-Bound isn't looking that good...

Kissing blurbs
To kick off this exceptional week, Everyday departed us after merely two weeks. Good riddance! The other exits were due.

I Don't Wanna Live Forever dropped 23 spots in two weeks. What a dream! And btw it couldn't stay pink too long before re-becoming orange.

So of last week's debuts, Don't Leave and Lights Down Low did not quite capture attention this week. I seriously hope that they can jump up next week and at least get some popularity. Also, All Night jumped 12 spots. That's good! Keep it up! You could become a top 20 show!

Heavydirtysoul is inching to the top 10. You better make it there.

As far as our top 5 goes, this is the first time that this has happened: every song in the top 5 has reached the top 10 on My Weekly Preferences at some point. That is something to notice. Music is taking a good turn and I hope that it can continue on until the summer. For our #5, I really did not expect Heavy to jump this much, but boy am I happy about it! This song has all of perfection and I would love to see it at number 1. For our #4, it's about time! For our #3, I really did not expect to see it this high ever. It really is an amazing song though and has a decent chance at #1. I remember Impossible from a while back which was my jam at the time. Now Say You Won't Let Go is reaching Impossible's quality. The #2 ong being at #2 is spectacular. This song is super catchy and Zedd does SO much better here than in Starving. Alessia Cara sounds at her best. And our #1 was unexpected but appreciated. But I was really rooting for Shape Of You to break Hello, Shut Up And Dance, and Shake It Off's record for most weeks at #1.

Countdown
Top 5
1. Sign Of The Times
2. Lights Down Low
3. Stay
4. Heavy
5. Heavydirtysoul

Bottom 5:
1. I Don't Wanna Love Forever
1. Slide
3. Death Of A Bachelor
4. Closer
5. 24K Magic

Hit-Bound:
Top 3:
1. Sooner Or Later
2. Good Life
3. Good News

Bottom 3:
1. Good Time Good Life
2. I Feel So Bad
3. Kissing Strangers

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfield - At My Best
Throwback pick of the week: Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
Most missed countdown song: DNCE - Body Moves 

Thanks for viewing!

5 comments: