Sunday 2 April 2017

Ed Sheeran (8) - Week #13

Prepare for a long intro.

Lucky thirteen on April Fool's Day! I didn't notice that last year... My April First was spent at russian school learning about the Mongolian empire... which by the way is super cool... but my teacher makes it seem like an abomination. And he said some random dumb thing in the middle around the lines of «and the Mongolian empire fell because of the Russians» and I thought he would literally say «April Fool's!» but he ended up just mixing up the words. And somebody thought the excessive amount of homework was an April Fool's joke so my other history teacher (yeah, I have two history classes for Russia and Europe) sent him out of class. So I guess my April Fool's Day was bad.

Sorry I am late... Yesterday nobody had their countdown post out because they were working on April Fool's posts. So I had to do my blog today, but I just came back from my last ski trip of the year, so that took up my day.

Most importantly: I just viewed the comment section on my last post this week and I certainly did not expect to get that many comments on my, what, third post? But most of these were Chase... Anyway, I am so sorry that I did not get the chance to answer any of the comments on that post because (1) my mother prefers that I spend at least time as possible on a screen, makes sense, (2) me week is crammed and school is getting the better of me, but at least I have a whole week off before Easter, lucky me, and (3) I certainly did not expect that many comments! Wow! But anyway, I will answer some of those comments right now on this post. So yeah, forgive me. I will do my best to keep up this week.

«.»: I think I got allergies too, even though I've never been allergic to anything before. I couldn't go to school today.

Me: I know how you feel. Before I knew I had allergies I was «sick» for three weeks staying home from school half the days. Then allergies calmed down after I visited an acupuncturist. For your sake, I hope you don't have allergies. But if you do, see an acupuncturist. She saved my life like twenty times.

Hollow Man: How long do you think Unsteady will last on the countdown?

Me: I hoped for a year but «.« revealed to us that is only lasted 50 weeks... It pulled a Stressed Out... Pity because it really was an amazing song where Nick Harris really displays his talents. But I know a LOT of people are sick of it and that it didn't make sense for it to leave.

Scott Rohrbeck: Huh. Not a song in your top 5 that I don't like. Also not too disappointed by your bottom 5, either, except… THAT one.

Me: Nice to know we have similar tastes. :)

Chasetronaut in the house: Available for vote on Hits 1: Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
Unavailable for vote on Hits 1: X Ambassadors - Unsteady.


Me: Thanks for keeping us posted on this, but that is sad, sad, sad... Oh and also Available for vote on Hits 1: Demi Lovato - Stone Cold and Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself. ­:(

Chasetronaut in the house: #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: The Weeknd - Rockin' + #1 Recommendation for Sasha: G-Eazy/Dominique LeJeune - Marylin + New on Hits 1: Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises.

Me: http://myweeklypreferences.blogspot.ca/2016/11/starboy-album-review-weeknd.html and I will tell you how I think of the others once I get a listen!

NOW!!! Back to the countdown.

Exit:
X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#43)[NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

#1 Song last week: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
#1 Song this week 1 year ago: Flo Rida - My House (hmph)

The Chart
45. Daya - Words (#45)
44. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#42)
43. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#41)
42. Niall Horan - This Town (#36)
41. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#43)
40. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#40)
39. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#37)
38. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#38) [3 Weeks At #1]
37. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#33)

36. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#34)
35. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#35)

34. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#32)
33. James Hersey - Miss You (#39)

32. AJR - Weak (#26)
31. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#28)
30. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#29) [2 Weeks At #1]
29. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#18)

28. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (DEBUT)
27. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#19)
26. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#20) [2 Weeks At #1]
25. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#22)

24. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#25)
23. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (#31)
22. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#27)

21. Julia Michaels - Issues (#21)
20. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#24)
19. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#16)
18. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#30)
17. Train - Play That Song (#14)
16. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#15)
15. Maroon 5 - Cold (#12)
14. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#13)
13. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#23)
12. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#17)
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#11)

10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#10)
9. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#7)[almost... there...]
8. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#5) [4 Weeks At #1]
7. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#8)
6. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#2)

5. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#6)
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#9)

3. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#4) [8 Weeks At #1]

1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#1) [8th Week At #1]

Biggest Drop Of The Week: Adele - Water Under The Bridge (-11)
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (+12)


Comments on debut:
Second time that I couldn't add an «s» to «debut». Pity. Anyway, Everyday is horrible. Touch It should have been released instead. The beat is catastrophic. Future fails. And Ariana Grande sounds as bad as Zayn in I Don't Wanna Live Forever. So sorry, Jack, but I ain't liking this one from Ariana Grande.
 
Hit-Bound

Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
Ocean Park Standoff - Good News

Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (DEBUT)
MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low 
Lorde - Green Light
Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
One Ok Rock - American Girls

Little Mix - Touch
Coin - Talk Too Much
Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla 

Overwhelming's verses are sad. I knew Jon Bellion could only come out with one hit once I heard his voice. He was like Lukas Graham: the lead singer's voice was amazing in their debut song but then he couldn't use it in his others. But, however, when Jon Bellion says Overwhelming the beat is catchy, a bit. So this song escapes the Pink Squad.

Unblurby (Ok I know that was bad)
Sorry... If I did these this would be out next Friday... Plz forgive me... I wish I could say APRIL FOOL'S!!! right now. This will 100% be back next week in some form.

#1 recommednation for Hits1: Rag'n'Bone Man - Skin [Please]
Throwback pick of the week: Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Most missed countdown song: Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

Top 5:
1. Heavy
1. Stay
3. Heavydirtysoul
4. Castle On The Hill
5. It Ain't Me

Bottom 5:
1. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
2. Love On The Brain
3. Everyday
4. 24K Magic
5. Starving

Hit-Bound:
Top 5:
1. Lights Down Low
2. Good News
3. Something Just Like This
4. Don't Leave
5. All Night

Bottom 3:
1. Green Light
2. Touch
3. Slide

Thanks for viewing! Have a nice week!

Special thanks to Jack Farrell and «.» for their work on their blogs.

35 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah I know... but I would prefer Skin anyway even though it will not happen

      Delete
    2. Even though Sasha still likes Human, I find it old.

      Delete
    3. I haven't listened to either one yet but Human would probably have the best chance to debut Hits 1.

      Delete
    4. Yeah. But it probably won't given Hits1 and this type of music...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1/status/849381841882796032

      Beat you to it.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to listen to that song later today.

      Delete
    3. Me too. HALSEY has had better, but it is still good.

      Delete
  3. Available for vote on Hits 1 for now:
    HALSEY - Now or Never

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Later it will be more songs that are available for vote on Hits 1.

      Delete
    2. They put Now Or Never twice online.

      Delete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios

    ReplyDelete
  5. Available for vote on Hits 1:
    Kungs/Ephemerals - I Feel So Bad
    HALSEY - Now or Never
    mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
    Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later

    Unavailable for vote on Hits 1:
    Daya - Words
    DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
    Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
    COLDPLAY/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn for the Weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also available for vote on Hits 1 coming this Friday:
      Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

      Also unavailable for vote on Hits 1 coming this Friday:
      Possibly LOTB

      Delete
    2. The top one is for real this time, the bottom one is not released yet.

      Delete
    3. Hftw was never available...

      Delete
    4. 1. I never heard any of those songs except Now or Never
      2. Would that be the OneDirection guy?
      3. What does that stand for?

      Delete
    5. 1. I love Now or Never.
      2. It is Harry Styles.
      3. It stands for Love on the Brain.

      Delete
    6. 2. And Niall Horan said OneDirection is coming back together some time. Liam Payne is the only guy who hasn't had a song on his own.
      3. I hope so...

      Delete
    7. What? One Direction is hiatus already.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Saying "., you are now fired!!!" has nothing to do with the music conversation, so stop saying that, Chase.

      Delete
  7. This isn't music-related but I got allergy tested today and I'm allergic to tree pollen, grass pollen, dust mites, and cats. I have a cat but she is staying with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am allergic to pollen, cats, dogs, and mint (mildly). How can you live being alleicto dust???

      Delete
    2. There's a difference between dust and dust mites.

      Delete
  8. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Train - Drink Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exits:
    Make Me (Cry)
    Words
    Let Me Love You

    Entrants:
    Good Time, Good Life
    All Night
    Don't Leave

    ReplyDelete