Saturday 8 April 2017

Ed Sheeran (9) - Week #14

THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH HITS 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be having a *special* post because of my recent laziness...

Exits:

Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#40)
-Well, that was really too bad. I was just getting back into this song. Anyway, I never expected it to do well.

Dj Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#43)
-This song was amazing at one point but was really overplayed and is basically old. It had to go this week.

Daya - Words (#45)
-Finally! This song was really doing absolutely nothing this whole time. I was wondering whether it would stay long enough to pull a Me, Myself, And I. But thankfully it didn't and got replaced with three amazing songs!

The Countdown!

45. Rihanna - Love on the BrainLast Week: #31 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 10

-Leave next week. Please. We were so close to losing you. And I know SOMEONE also wants this gone... But really a fourteen-spot drop is working for me.

44. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a BachelorLast Week: #24 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 29


-Seriously, this was due. This song was just building up so much energy staying in the same area for months that when it was released, it shot all the way down to the second-to-last stop. And thankfully, I might add.

43. Bebe Rexha - I Got YouLast Week: #41 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 09


-I have grown out of this song. Leave before I legitimately don't like you. And you are pretty close... Bebe Rexha will never ever beat Me, Myself, And I.

42. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the WeekendLast Week: #44 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 34


-You were spectacular in your normal form. And you still are, I might add. But SeeB ruins the song completely and now I just want you gone.

41. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to SideLast Week: #39 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 24


-Probably the most overplayed song this year so far. Seriously, I liked this song for a while because of the Reggae feel, but now it hurts my head. The bottom five should all leave next week.

40. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (DEBUT)Last Week: #__ | Peak: #40 | Weeks on Chart: 01


-YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this did debut after all! Seriously, this song is so sweet and MAX's voice is spectacular. Gnash raps well. And even the beat is catchy. Plus, MAX made this song for his wife, so that is a plus. This definitely pulled a Once In A While (you guys remember that song?) which I definitely liked. Hopefully this will not leave next week. I have never heard this song off of Hit-Bound (except on my CD, of course).

39. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - StarboyLast Week: #37 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 27


-One of the most underrated songs of all time. This song is seriously amazing. I Feel It Coming should really switch spots with this (although it is not doing well here) on my radio's countdown. Really, this song has been at #1 for two weeks. And now The Weeknd released Reminder. Nobody cares :( And now the Weeknd realeased Rockin'. I heard it on the radio today :(

38. Niall Horan - This TownLast Week: #42 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 27


-You will soon be replaced with your "band member" Harry Styles. I made a bet with my friend that 1D is done. These boys are going separate paths like they started off. Out of the members that had single songs (Zayn, Louis, Niall, and now Harry) this song was the best at the beginning. But I grew out of it quickly.

37. Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave (DEBUT)Last Week: #__ | Peak: #37 | Weeks on Chart: 01


-So you debuted too! Nice! Although you should have a long time ago, I still loves MO's voice and Snakehips' beat. But sadly, few people still like this song. But it debuted, so that is a good sign!

36. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna KnowLast Week: #38 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 25


-No comment. Seriously, you are too old for this.

35. Bruno Mars - 24K MagicLast Week: #35 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 26


-I can't look. Is this song really still here?

34. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (DEBUT)Last Week: #__ | Peak: #34 | Weeks on Chart: 01


-100% excellent debuts. I find The Vamps' lead singer sound like OneDirection (all five of them sound the exact same, except MAYBE Zayn), but the beat is too catchy to be considered similar to OneDirection. I dance every time I hear this song.

33. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. DevoteeLast Week: #36 | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 04


-I commented on this song already, basically, too much of a croon for me.

32. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your BeautifulLast Week: #34 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 25


-Okay... This song is almost a year old for me. I found it on youtube a week after it came out. And I LOVED it. But now I am sick of it to death.

31. Twenty One Pilots - HeathensLast Week: #26 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 35


-I will never grow out of this song. A classic, probably near my top 10 of all time.

30. Ariana Grande/Future - EverydayLast Week: #28 | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 02


-The beat here is catastrophic. Ariana Grande should have released Touch It instead.

29. Shawn Mendes - Treat You BetterLast Week: #30 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 42


-I am slightly growing back into this song.

28. Adele - Water Under the BridgeLast Week: #29 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 19


-I am slightly growing out of this song.

27. James Hersey - Miss YouLast Week: #33 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 05


-I grew into this song. The beat is catchy and his voice is good. There is nothing bad to it, so it is good.

26. Linkin Park/Kiiara - HeavyLast Week: #10 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 07


-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you had a chance at #1... I am crying... Ok anyway this song does bounce back and forth so maybe it will again (#likeUnsteady, RIP).

25. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold OnLast Week: #27 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 17


-OneDirection, just stick together. You all sound the same anyway. So find a way to get back together and stop lying.

24. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad ThingsLast Week: #06 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 13


-I hope this could switch for At My Best. That song is easily better. Fifth Harmony is done also, and I am okay with that. Camila Cabello is better alone and sounds good in this song.

23. AJR - WeakLast Week: #32 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 06


-Make up your mind. Stay here or go into the thirties. I don't care. You are so mediocre in every way.

22. Jon Bellion - All Time LowLast Week: #25 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 23

21. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live ForeverLast Week: #09 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 17


-One of the best things that happened this week easily. This made me so happy I could have literally written a paragraph of why this songs sucks. But I stopped myself, I told you guys enough. This song makes my ears bleed. And because you dropped so much I felt you no longer needed encouragement to give up. So we have a new worst song on the countdown!

20. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the RhythmLast Week: #16 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 08


-I have no opinion on this song at all. Too mediocre for music's good.

19. Lady Gaga - Million ReasonsLast Week: #19 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 18


-I hope for your own sake that you leave the countdown soon. [...]

18. Twenty One Pilots - HeavydirtysoulLast Week: #18 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 10


-This song has a nice Alt feeling to it. And the beat is nice. It sounds like clips of three different songs, all great, of course. Twenty One Pilots are spectacular.

17. Julia Michaels - IssuesLast Week: #21 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 10


-Even though this young girl is a very talented songwriter for others, she failed her own song, and failed the beat. This is Starving the Second.

16. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it ComingLast Week: #20 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 12


-People like this song because people like Michael Jackson. I don't like this song because Starboy is better.

15. Train - Play That SongLast Week: #17 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 20


-What is so good with this song except the band? Drive By was a masterpiece and you guys will never beat that. And you have reached the top 10 for some inexplicable reason.

14. The Chainsmokers - ParisLast Week: #11 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 10


-I have this hunch that you will never reach the top 10 until Closer leaves. Emily Warren still is outstanding and once I cut her part and repeated that for four minutes.

13. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the HillLast Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 08


-I guess you will never be a Shape Of You. But at least you re-entered and hit #5, right? Right? Great. You are still amazing!

12. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - StarvingLast Week: #08 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 30


-So you finally leave. Good riddance! {...} Oh, wait, you are still here. What is wrong with "America"? (Emphasis on "America" cough cough)

11. Imagine Dragons - BelieverLast Week: #22 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 04


-So this song is doing well. Great! Imagine Dragons will always be good in my books. This song has an amazing rock feel to it. I guess Adrian doesn't like rock :~(

10. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - RockabyeLast Week: #23 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 03


-I laughed when I saw that "03". Seriously, this song is late, old even. I loved this song at one point, but now I grew out of it slightly.

09. Maroon 5 - ColdLast Week: #15 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 08


-[...][...][...][...][...] Why are you back here???

08. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't MeLast Week: #12 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 07


-So you finally break the Top 10! As I mentioned, Selena Gomez sounds spectacular for the first time since I don't know when. But Kygo ruins EVERYTHING! My heart hurts when I hear his "magic" (cough).

07. Shawn Mendes - MercyLast Week: #03 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 14


-I am not surprised that this song is still going strong. But I was prepared, so I don't care. People like young singers.

06. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - CloserLast Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 34


-Only 34 weeks? This song is ancient. The beat is old and the song sucks. Please, leave the countdown next week (#optimism).

05. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let GoLast Week: #13 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 18


-A great song breaks the top 5! A nice, quiet, mellow, sweet, meaningful song like 7 Years for ".". I don't care for one. I still love both songs.

04. Zedd/Alessia Cara - StayLast Week: #14 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 06


I stared at the screen for hours before registering this. YES!!!!!!!! Voters have taste! You might or might not know that this song is #1 on my chart for two weeks now and the beat, words, drop, and more are perfected.

03. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClapLast Week: #07 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 14


Isn't this song like one year old now? Yeah, it is, right? End of March? So why is it popular now ONLY on Hits 1?

02. Bruno Mars - That's What I LikeLast Week: #04 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 09


-This song is too catchy for its own good. Period. No clue what else to say.

01. Ed Sheeran - Shape of YouLast Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 13


-I have faith in you to break the streak. Nine weeks at #1 and I still like you. You have a shot, man.

Biggest Jump of the week: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (+13)
Biggest Drop of the week: Death Of A Bachelor (-20)

Hit-Bound:

Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
-I thought, seeing three exits and five additions to the online vote poll, that Lights Down Low and Don't Leave were goners. But boy was I wrong! We have Touch and Slide gone! YES!!!! Anyway I had to say this here because I have nothing to add about this song.

Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times
Yeah I lied about this one it is good after a full listen...

One Ok Rock - American Girls
-This song has a nice rock feel to it. Though I must say, this was a VERY STRANGE choice on Hits 1's part to add to Hit-Bound. Why not Symphony or Bartender or so many other great songs from popular artists.

The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
-I love Coldplay's part.

Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked (DEBUT)
-Mike Posner is back! And he is good in this song!

Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
-Please don't debut...

Halsey - Now or Never (DEBUT)
-I love Halsey! The beat here is great and she is always (...) amazing,

Kungs/Ephemerals - I Feel So Bad (DEBUT)

-A return from the awful This Girl, the instrumentals are EXACTLY THE SAME. Wow. Ideas these days.

Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later (DEBUT)
-The beat dropped and I fell to the inner core.

Coin - Talk Too Much
-So old...

Jon Bellion - Overwhelming

-I already commented on this last week.

Lorde - Green Light

-Such an annoying song...

Ocean Park Standoff - Good News

-Such a catchy song!

Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake


-Such a silly song

Top 5 countdown:
1. Stay
1. Heavy
3. Lights Down Low
4. All Night
5. Don't Leave

Top 5 hit-bound:
1. Sooner Or Later
2. Good News
3. Now Or Never
4. American Girls
5. Wicked

#1 recommendation: James Blunt - Bartender. Please. I am begging you.

20 comments:

  1. Sasha, this post looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. "A return from the awful This Girl" Explain! :P
    2. GO STAY!!!
    3. Maybe America is "starving" for Starving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I see you switched from the Canadian quotes to the American quotes.

      Delete
    2. 1. Whoever is singing sounds awful. Her rasp hurts my ears. And basically, I am not that much a fan of disco. Plus, radio killed those instrumentals so in I Feel So Bad they are the same...
      2. GO STAY!!!
      3. I really hope not.
      4. It just depends on the keyboard I am using. Right now I am typing at my grandmother's

      Delete
    3. To be honest, I Feel So Bad is the best Hit-Bound debut this week in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Calvin Harris/Young Thug/Ariana
    Grande/Pharrell Williams - Heatstroke

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Z100/NY - Marian Hill/Steve Davit - Oh Yeah I Love U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation For Chase: Kodak Black/Future - Conscience

      Delete
    2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: KENDRICK LAMAR. - HUMBLE.

      Delete
  5. New post out on my blog.

    https://chase400.blogspot.com/2017/04/harry-styles-1-week-of-482017.html?showComment=1491756009071#c3509802040397208968

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a hold up that I might not do a music blog for a while. I may do some in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Future Top 5 Pop Songs:
    1. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
    2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
    3. Julia Michaels - Issues
    4. The Chainsmokers & COLDPLAY - Something Just like This
    5. KYGO & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with #2,4,5
      But I doubt that Castle On The Hill will reach #1 anywhere and Issues reaching #3 would really surprise me

      Delete
    2. Future New Music:
      Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
      John Legend - Surefire
      HALSEY - Now or Never
      Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
      Chance the Rapper/2 Chainz/Lil Wayne - No Problem
      The Weeknd - Rockin'

      Delete